Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Holy Wednesday

Yesterday clergy and laity from the diocese of Southern Ohio gathered for our annual renewal of vows. This is always an emotional moment for me as I am confronted with promises I made years before. It is also a time for me to reflect on the previous year and ask just how well I am living into those promises. Am I a good priest? Do people hear the good news of Jesus Christ when I preach? Am I living into a more abundant life in Jesus Christ?

I can't always give satisfactory answers to these questions and more and more I rely upon this heartfelt petition to my Lord, Jesus have mercy upon me a poor sinner....

Here are the some words from the eucharistic lectionary for today...

Be pleased, O God, to deliver me; *O LORD, make haste to help me....
But as for me, I am poor and needy; *come to me speedily, O God.
You are my helper and my deliverer; *O LORD, do not tarry....


No comments: